Let’s be frank: using a vape while driving can be hazardous, as it likely reduces your attention to the road. In addition, vape clouds can produce visual impairments, which can often cause car accidents.
Keeping that in mind, it may be better to stop or wait until the end of your trip before taking a puff.
However, if you’re going to be spending a lot of time vaping while you drive, then there are a couple of things you should bear in mind.
Leading up to your next holiday, make sure you research if you can travel with e-cigarettes because in some countries it is illegal using a vape while driving.
For instance, staying in the UAE requires you to fulfill some basic rules and regulations. Driving safely should be your number one concern behind the wheel.
- The UAE has a zero-tolerance policy towards drinking and driving. In addition to that, smoking or vaping at the wheel in Dubai is strictly prohibited.
- When you vip rent a car in Dubai, smoking and vaping will usually mean you’ll end up paying cleaning fees. Hiring a car is a great idea for many scenarios when you travel in Dubai. Rental companies here are in great demand. However, before taking a puff, keep in mind two very important things: firstly, Dubai cleaning fees are high, second, every renter deserves a clean and fresh-smelling car.
Whether you’re planning on vaping alone or there are passengers in the vehicle, it’s always best to have a few windows open. While vaping is a safe alternative to smoking, most non-smokers or non-vapers probably don’t want to sit and inhale whatever you vape.
3. STORE LOCATION
The reality is: there is no space in your car where you can keep your e-cigarettes safely. This can be a significant problem, as a clearomizer/tank may leak. Plus, e-cigarettes differ from each other which can make life harder than it needs to be.
The easiest way is to install some sort of vaporizer or e-cig holder, to hold and secure your devices securely and safely. Portable and practical, it fits perfectly.
Depending on your location, your vaping device is likely to be exposed to extreme weather conditions in your car.
If your e-cig gets overheated, it can stop working altogether, become very sluggish and barely function, melt or wrap or even explode in rare cases.
However, if your device is exposed to cold temperatures for a longer period of time it can potentially damage its battery. So, you may invest in a great battery, but if you leave it in the cold car you will have completely lost your money. Cold temperatures shorten the overall battery life.
5. SAFE DISTANCE
I don’t know where you live but in my country holes in the road surface are a problem. Imagine an e-cig, with a full tank smashing into your teeth. Yeah that wouldn’t be fun.
That’s why you need to make sure you keep your vaporizer as far away from your teeth as possible.
6. NO DRIPPER
Dripping and driving just don’t mix.
Refilling the tank or rebuilding a coil will certainly be a distraction and could lead to car accidents.
7. NO RUBBISH
You’ve probably seen this happening a number of times:
You’re driving down the highway or along a hometown street, and someone throws a bunch of garbage out the window from the car in front of you.
Keep your leftover rubbish and empty e-liquid bottles in the car until you stop and find somewhere to dispose of them properly.
When you’re on the road, however, it may not be the best time to take a puff. But if you spend a lot of time behind the wheel, where else will you vape? Let’s run through 8 tips for using a vape while driving:
1. Check the law of the country where you head.
2. Open the window.
3. Care about a place in your car where you can store your e-cigarettes vertically.
4. Make sure your e-cig doesn’t overheat or cools down too much and for too long.
5. Don’t hold your e-cig next to your mouth.
6. Don’t drip and drive.
7. Don’t throw your empty e-liquid bottles out the window.
Just keep these vaping tips for drivers in mind and enjoy your road trip.