Hey! Are you a teen who wants to know the effects of vaping on your health? Or, do you have a loved one who’s a teen, and you are concerned about their vaping habit? Or, do you doubt that your teen child is vaping? How will you get to know about it? What can be the hazards if teens vape regularly? What if your kid gets a vaping addiction?
Well, you don’t need to be worried about it anymore because we are here to help you.
Vaping has become an ordinary thing to do. You can easily find many people around you, who have vaped once in their life, or who still vape.
You’ll be shocked to know that teens are one of the largest vape consumers among so many vape users. Yes, you heard it right. Even in the countries where vaping is not allowed for teens, there, too, you can find lots of teens who illegally vape.
Many teens start smoking at an early age, and several of them get addicted to tobacco. It has become a crucial issue, and many teens even want to get rid of it.
As we know that vaping is one of the most effective ways to get rid of smoking. It is used as an alternative to smoking, and thankfully, it has fewer side effects than smoking. It has become another important reason why more and more teens are starting to vape.
If vaping is legal in your country, you can handily buy a vape pen or vape kit. It’s also not that difficult to buy a vaping juice, and with all these things, you are ready to vape.
If you’re unable to find a vape pen or vape juice, there are many online websites like https://cbdfx.co.uk/collections/cbd-vape-pen-kits. You can buy your desired vape pen or vape juice from there.
In a world where getting vaping accessories is not an impossible task, there are chances that if you have a teen child, he vapes too. Even if you or anyone else doesn’t discuss these things with the teen, his friends can tell him about it. It often happens because vaping has become so popular that even many kids know about it.
How will you get to know about it if your teen child vapes? How can it affect his body? Is it legal for teens to vape? To answer all these questions, we’re here. Today, we’ll tell you everything about vaping and teens. This information can be very useful to you, keeping that in mind, let’s get started.
Is It Legal for Teens to Vape?
- 18 years is the legal age to buy e-cigarettes in most states. In three states, this age is nineteen years, and in DC and six states, it’s twenty-one years.
- There are many states where selling e-cigarettes to teens or youth is entirely illegal for retailers. Not just this, there are many states where possessing an e-cigarette is illegal for teens.
- Many schools worldwide have also included vaping in their policies to keep the school tobacco-free. If anyone uses e-cigarettes on school premises, the consequences will be the same as smoking an ordinary cigarette.
You can take a look at what the law of your state says about vaping and teens.
How Can You Find Out If Your Teen Child Vapes?
Here are some telltale symptoms which can confirm if your child is vaping or not-
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excessive thirst
- Candy or fruit like odors
- Increased mood swings
- Excessive throat clearing
- Increase in irritability
- Heightened cough
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding via nose
If your child shows these symptoms, it can mean that they are vaping. Other than these things, check if you find anything that looks like a pen, a marker, a USB drive, or a watch. It can be a vaping device.
What Are the Harmful Effects of Vaping in Teens?
Here are some harmful effects of teen vaping–
- Most of the vape juice contains nicotine. It’s a highly addictive drug found in most cigars, e-cigarettes, and ordinary cigarettes. According to a study, 99% of vape juices sold in the United States had nicotine content. Nicotine harms the development of a teen’s brain. A human brain tends to increase till the age of twenty-five years. The brain of a teen can create synapses faster than the brain of an adult.
- Many e-cigarette brands do not mention that they have nicotine in their vape juices. Vaping nicotine can affect the level of concentration, learning speed, impulse management, and moods.
- Whatever is vaped goes straight to the lungs. Some ingredients present in vape juice can affect the lungs if they are vaped for a long time. It can further lead to death, too. Many states in California, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, and Oregon have reported such cases. A recently recognized lung disease known as EVALI has affected the lungs of thousands of people. It also took the lives of hundreds of people.
- Impaired e-cigarettes batteries can even lead to explosions and fire. It can cause serious injuries. If the flare-ups are excessively severe, they can also have deadly consequences.
- Vaping can also affect the heart. The toxic nature of nicotine can lead to adverse cardiovascular risks. It increases the risk for depression, coronary artery diseases, and heart attack in teens.
- Vaping also increases the risk for other addictions in the future.
- E-cigarettes have carcinogenic compounds present in them. Vaping is also known to increase blood pressure and heart rate in a teen’s body. It can further lead to circulatory difficulties.
Around sixty-one percent of teens use e-cigarettes to experiment with it. Forty-two percent of teens vape because they like the flavor and the taste. No matter what the reason is, vaping can be harmful to a teen. So, this is what we have compiled about vaping and teens. Stay safe and keep reading.